We found 20 Richmond DJs and Disc Jockeys in Richmond, VA
Planning a wedding, party, or special event in Richmond and need a DJ? Searching for the most qualified and affordable Disc Jockey in Richmond, VA?
|“ Think Of DJ's As A Chef. Songs Are Our Ingredients Parties Are Our Restaurants. We May Use The Sam... Read More
|| Request Info
|Professional DJ with 25 years of experience and the owner of a full service AV company in Richmond V... Read More
|| Request Info
Party Blast Mobile
Scan to plan!
Helpful Articles from Professional Richmond DJs
What You Need To Know About Hiring A Disc Jockey All Events General Party Tips
The Mobile Disc Jockey Profession has been under going many changes the past several years. It is becoming a profession in its own right. What does this mean for you, the consumer? It means you will be hiring a more professional Mobile Disc Jockey for your events.
What should you expect from a Professional DJ?
1. Professional equipment- no home stereo units – no small record library of songs
2. Questionnaire to be sent to client so that the DJ and customer can lock down specifics of the event.
3. Contracts to lock down the specifics of the event and to protect both you and the DJ. Its just good business.
4. Communications, communications, communications
5. Arrival of least an hour and half before the event for setup and any last minute changes.
6. Appropriate dress for the occasion.
7. Upgrading skills by attending professional conferences and classes on Djing and entertainment.
8. Acting in a professional manner as a DJ and Entertainer.
9. Co-ordinate with the other wedding vendors at the reception to make sure we are all on the same page
10. Being able to read the audience and playing the music that keeps people engaged on the dance floor.
What makes up the cost of an event?
When your quoted a price for your event a number of things go into it, obviously the amount of time the event is to take place (e.g. 4 hour event), but that is not all that price includes:
1. Set-up time and breakdown time-arrival before the event (minimum of an hour an a half in most cases, more in others-Difficult in getting to event or getting equipment in the building.
2. Drive time-some events can be farther away than others..
3. Special lighting, props, prizes.
4. Extra duties-Mc duties-making announcements. Running contest and games for special events.
5. Unusual request of the customer, which can include almost anything.
6. Additional equipment for larger venues and karaoke which is now being offered
7. Unless a professional party organizer has been hired to run the event, we provide that service through the questionnaire. We keep track of times and talk to all those involved in the reception (caterer, photographer, hotel staff, videographer and any others involved).
8. All the cost of doing business-designing and maintaining a website, yellowpage advertising, business licenses, membership in The American Disc Jockey Association
9. Upgrading skills and attending classes through the ADJA
You can spend any amount of money on entertainment for your special event. DJ’s come in all price ranges. Disc Jockey Services came to their pricing structure by determining the level of professionalism it wants to achieve and the type of services it wants to provide. Thank you for considering us for your event.
Written by Disc Jockey Services of Richmond, VA
Find the perfect Richmond DJ or Disc Jockey! Party Blast lists professional DJs and Disc Jockeys for weddings, parties, and special events in Richmond, VA.
Other Areas Near Richmond to Find Wedding & Party DJs:
Richmond City County,
COPYRIGHT © 2016 INTELLIGENCE, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. UPDATED OCTOBER 22, 2016.