|Blue Moon DJs
|Blue Moon DJs brings a wide variety of music, light show and 25 years of experience to every party!,... Read More
|Mays Landing, NJ
|| Request Info
|Disc Jockey with over 12 years experience specializing in wedding receptions (indoor or outdoor) inc... Read More
|Mays Landing, NJ
|| Request Info
Party Blast Mobile
Scan to plan!
Helpful Articles from Professional Brigantine DJs
Wedding Reception Music Wedding General Party Tips
Wedding Reception Music
We all know how important a good DJ is to a successful wedding reception, especially one that your guests and family will be talking about for years to come. The DJ’s duties for the four to six hours of your reception are;
• Acting as the Master of Ceremonies
o Introduction of the Bride and Groom
o Introduction of the Bridal Party and Families
o Parent Dances
o Cake Cutting
o Garter and Bouquet Toss
• Playing continuous music
• Keeping your scheduled events in order
• Maintaining the musical entertainment of your choice
• Keep the Wedding Reception running smoothly
The music played for your reception can fall into four major categories:
• Ceremony Music
• Cocktail Hour
• Dinner Music
• Dance and celebration time
They are all important and should be carefully chosen by the Bride and Groom, always taking recommendations from the DJ.
As a DJ Wedding Professional of twenty years, I find that many DJ’s fall short in keeping Dinner music fun, entertaining and appropriate. Too many DJ’s place a CD like “Kenny G” or “Frank Sinatra” on and “take a break”, not really tending to the party! They have an attitude that “they are only eating dinner”. This period of time is an opportunity to reflect on both families ethnic heritage, recall of fond memories of school days, birthdays, anniversaries and special dances between family members.
My point is that during your special day, no opportunity should be missed in providing your party with the most professional and emotional entertainment. My recommendations come from performing over 1,000 Wedding Receptions. This is a day you and family will always remember.
Listed below is just a small sample of music I would recommend for a fun Dinner hour, knowing that it should be personalized for every reception:
Jack’s Top 25 Fun Diner Hits
1. Say a little prayer – Dionne Warrick
2. This will be - Natalie Cole
3. Can’t takes my eyes off of you – Frankie Vallie
4. That’s Amore’ – Dean Martin
5. Everything – Michael Buble`
6. I’m a believer – Neil Diamond
7. The way you look tonight – Frank Sinatra
8. It had to be you – Harry Connick Jr.
9. Beyond the sea – Bobby Daren
10. God only knows – The Beach Boys
11. Love me do – The Beatles
12. Your love keeps me hanging on – Jackie Wilson
13. Build me up buttercup – The Foundations
14. More than yesterday – Spiral Staircase
15. Everlasting love – Carl Carlton
16. Sway – Michael Bubble’
17. The way you do the things you do – The Temptations
18. The wonder of you – Elvis
19. This old heart of mine – Rod Stewart
20. I never knew love like this before – Stephanie Mills
21. This Kiss – Faith Hill
22. I love you always forever – Donna Lewis
23. Every breath you take – UB40
24. Margaretville – Jimmy Buffett
25. How deep is your love – The Bee Gee’s
Please note these are only a hand full of the songs that can played.
Congratulations and Good Luck!
Written by Above & Beyond Disc Jockey Entertainment of Brigantine, NJ
Find the perfect Brigantine DJ or Disc Jockey! Party Blast lists professional DJs and Disc Jockeys for weddings, parties, and special events in Brigantine, NJ.
Other Areas Near Brigantine to Find Wedding & Party DJs:
Egg Harbor City,
Egg Harbor Township,