Book Meridianville DJs and Disc Jockeys in Meridianville, AL for your party
We found 11 Meridianville Party DJs and Disc Jockeys in Meridianville, AL
Planning a party in Meridianville and need a DJ? Searching for the perfect party Disc Jockey in Meridianville, AL?
|Music Machine provides the Huntsville area with experienced Wedding Reception DJs.
|| Request Info
Helpful Articles from Professional Meridianville DJs
10 Ways to Make Sure Your Wedding Isn't Boring Wedding General Party Tips
10 Ways to Make Sure Your Wedding Isn’t Boring
By Dave Austin of Southern Celebrations DJs and Sean Cunningham
You and your future spouse aren’t boring so why would you want a ho-hum wedding? Keep the fun factor and energy level with these ten tips for a fantastic wedding reception.
Attending a wedding may be a privilege but sometimes it’s not always a pleasure.
The last thing a bride and groom want is for their wedding guests to spend the reception checking their watches. Here are ten tips to keep any wedding guest yawns at bay.
1. Make introductions at the rehearsal - A wedding brings together two families and sets of friends– which usually bring together a big group of people who don’t know each other awkwardly attempting small talk. The solution? Invite relatives and out of town guests to the rehearsal dinner to break the ice, and introduce those who might have common interests. By the time the wedding rolls around, your guests will have met in a more relaxed atmosphere the evening before and (hopefully) keep the conversations going at the reception.
2. Stick to the schedule - No one expects things to run with military precision (especially when it comes to rushing your older relatives), but you don’t want to force your guests to idle around while you take your formal wedding pictures. This is where the cocktail hour comes in. Set up a lounge or shady courtyard for your guests to mingle and equip the area with snack, drinks and plenty of places to sit, and music to set the mood and keep the party atmosphere alive.
3. A hungry guest is an unhappy guest - Two words: hors d’oeuvres. Even if you plan on serving a full diner at your reception, it’s a good idea to have a few nibbles for your guests to nosh on while they wait for you and your new spouse to make your grand entrance – lest your guests get bored and cranky. Go for one bite appetizers so guests can chat while they snack. Your guests will be refreshed from the ceremony and grateful for the sustenance.
4. Plan an exit strategy - If you really want guests to be able to enjoy themselves at your reception, arrange for transportation to get them home safely afterward. Some couples choose to have their reception in a hotel banquet hall and block off rooms for their guests, while others hire a shuttle service to run guests to their homes or lodging. This extra consideration gives guests the freedom to relax (drink) without worrying about getting home safely when the party wraps up.
5. Consider your venue - Of course your budget will be a huge factor in determining where you throw your wedding, but picking an interesting reception site can go a long way toward keeping guests entertained. Consider an unusual location. Many science museums will rent their exhibit areas; zoos frequently have banquet halls (with animals in full view). Even an otherwise bland reception space can be dressed up with dramatic décor, state-of-the-art up lighting*, or specialty entertainment. Be sure to talk with your site manager and your DJ about your options.
6. Carefully plan your seating chart - There’s nothing more uncomfortable than being the one couple at a table where you don’t know anyone – particularly if you can see your friends laughing it up five tables away. A well-planned seating chart is a cost free way to make sure your guests spend time with people they like – or, you can even set them up with someone new and interesting.
7. Put a time limit on toasts - Yes, it’s nice to hear words of encouragement and well wishes, but unless your friends are moonlighting as stand-up comedians, an overly long toast can go from sentimental to excruciating. Limit the number and length of toasts to a few key guests (maid of honor, best man, parents, etc.) and let everyone get back to the party.
8. Bring in the…clowns? - Remember that scary clown/magician from your eighth birthday party? Today’s specialty performers are nothing like that. The options for wedding entertainment range from tricked out DJs to belly dancers to singing waiters. However, a word of caution: hire only professionals so you and your guests won’t be embarrassed or bored due to an inexperienced or obnoxious entertainer.
9. Think beyond wedding cake - Wedding cakes are still a staple, but consider expanding the selection for those with a sweet tooth – we’re talking a full dessert bar with everything from Moon Pies, truffles, cup cakes, candies and local delicacies. The dessert bar can also double as your wedding favor by giving guests “goodie” boxes to take with them.
10. Just relax! - Planning a wedding can (and often is) stressful, but when the big day arrives, everyone will have more fun if you overlook those little mishaps which are bound to happen and just chill. Think about it: Do you have fun at a party where the host is incessantly on edge. To avoid sabotaging your good mood, assign any last-minute tasks to a trusted bridesmaid, relative or your wedding planner – and designate a friend who, if they observe you getting stressed, can help smooth you out. And – if you’ve hired professionals (DJ, caterer, florist, etc.) as you should, these folks will be a valuable resource for you to rely on. After all, they’ve been there and done that many times before and their experiences and expertise is what you’re paying for.
Source: Bing & MSN Lifestyles
* For more information about our professional DJ Entertainment Service and dramatic lighting for your wedding or party contact Southern Celebrations DJs at (931) 205-3509 or visit us at: http://www.SouthernCelebrationsDJs.com
Written by Southern Celebrations DJs of Huntsville, AL
Find the perfect Meridianville DJ or Disc Jockey! Party Blast lists professional DJs and Disc Jockeys for parties in Meridianville, AL.
Other Areas Near Meridianville to Find Party DJs:
Owens Cross Roads,